You are being or have been asked by Emeline Brulé, Nolwenn Maudet, Karl Pineau, Jérémie Poiroux or Aurélien Tabard to be in the following study.
About the study
- Title: Perception of Algorithms by Designers of Digital Services
- Co-authors: Dr. Emeline Brulé (Lecturer at University of Sussex), Dr. Nolwenn Maudet (Associate Professor at Université de Strasbourg), Karl Pineau (PhD student at Université de Compiègne), Jérémie Poiroux (PhD student at CNRS/EHESS) and Dr. Aurélien Tabard (Associate Professor, Université Lyon 1 & CNRS)
This study will help us understand better how do designers perceive and interact with the algorithms that are embedded in the products they are working on. Part of the research relies on anonymized interviews with designers who could help shed light on how designers interact with algorithms. Ultimately, this research may lead to papers, based on anonymous interviews.
I am willing to participate to the interview proposed to me in connection with the research project “Perception of Algorithms by Designers of Digital Services”; led by Emeline Brulé, Nolwenn Maudet, Karl Pineau, Jérémie Poiroux and Aurélien Tabard. I have been informed of the objectives of this research described above. I have been informed, I agree with and I understand that:
- The collection and access of personal data is limited to the exclusive use of the co-authors, within the objectives explained above;
- Audio records will be transcribed using Trint which relies entirely on automated language processing, and guarantees that no one but us will have access to the data;
- All collected data will be secured with encryption measures in an offline storage and sent among the authors with secured file-sharing services;
- We will pseudonymize the transcripts before any analysis takes place. E.g. “Marcel Mauss“ will be replaced by “participant_3” in all our subsequent analyses. Product names and companies will be pseudonymized as well, unless with have your explicit consent. This pseudonymous data will be stored on a private secure server of LIRIS;
- As the project is built for sociological research reasons, the data will be stored for the lifetime of the project until five (5) years after the end of the study;
- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, I will be able to have access and, if necessary, rectify or delete of my data. To do so, I can send an email to poiroux [at] cmb.hu-berlin.de.
To give your consent, please follow these steps:
- Download the blank consent form;
- (Preferably) Fill out and sign the form from your computer;
- (Or) Print, fill out, sign and scan the form;
- (Preferably) Upload the filled form just below;
- (Or) Send us the form at poiroux [at] cmb.hu-berlin.de
Thank you very much! All the best, Aurélien, Emeline, Jérémie, Karl and Nolwenn